This article describes a step-by-step installation of a new CS-Cart template downloaded from 12leaves.com/pixemus.com.
To install a new CS-Cart skin you should:
- Backup all the files and database of your site. Do not forget always make a backup of your store before any changes! It does not matter if the changes are small or big and if they are concerns database or not.
- Unpack the template package to your local computer.
- Upload the files and folders to the root directory of your CS-Cart installation (for example: www.yourdomain.com/your_cscart_store/).
- Log in to the admin area.
- Go to the “Design” -> “Skin selector” page.
- Click on “Skin for the customer area:” selectbox and select the Template Name you download or other color variation.
- Click on the “Save” button at the bottom.
- Go to the “Design” -> “Blocks” page.
- Click on the “Import Locations” button at the top to import block to your CS-Cart.
- Upload the “layouts.xml” file via “Select file” area and click the “Import” button. The “layouts.xml” file comes with the template package. You may tick the “Clean up locations before import” checkbox before clicking the “Import” button to clear all your previous blocks.
- Clear the cache of your store (NOTE section below).
NOTE: In some cases you need to clear the cache of your CS-Cart store after the template installation. Only after that the template will get the appearance the same as on our demo site. To clear the cache of your CS-Cart you should type the link in your browser as follows:
You can configure of add any block and banner to our CS-Cart Templates via “Blocks” section of your CS-Cart admin area.
How To Add Banners To CS-Cart Slideshow